We haven’t written in a while but there’s been lots happening here at Earl Haig! Here’s a roundup of some of the latest news….
OUR RECENT FUN(D)RAISING EVENTS
- Cupcake Sale – Our annual cupcake sale this past Valentine’s day was another great success. Thank you to everyone that mixed, baked, sprinkled and donated these beautiful creations. And an especially big thanks to the team that manned the sale table. We sold a whopping 836 cupcakes this year (with only 580 students total at our school, my math says that we had at least a few happy customers that came back for seconds!).
MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR THESE UPCOMING EVENTS
- Marlies Game & Family Skate Sun March 26th – Flyers with all the details should be coming home tonight. Please make cheques out to Earl Haig School Council (NOT the school as indicated on the flyer!). Questions? Contact Tara Viirland at email@example.com.
- Movie Night Fri March 31st – Thanks to Brooke Charlebois & Alice Brummell who have stepped up as volunteers to help keep plans alive for the movie night! Looks like we are still a go for this date – more details to come as they’re finalized.
- Spring Festival Thurs May 25th – Plans are already underway for the Spring Festival (this year actually scheduled in Spring…notice the earlier date?). It takes a village of volunteers to bring this amazing event to life and the committee are happy to have help. If you’re interested in helping sign up here and Hilary Gray will be in touch with more details!
OTHER NEWS AND UPDATES
- Oh Christmas Tree! – Our yearly pumpkin patch is both a wonderful fundraiser and community event for our school where families can purchase a pumpkin for Halloween while enjoying freshly baked goods donated by our parent community.We think a similar event for Holiday Trees would be a lot of fun too! Give us your input by taking this short survey…
- Red Door Family Shelter Toothbrush & Toothpaste Drive – In support of the Red Door Family shelter Earl Haig is collecting new and unopened oral hygiene items (adults’ and childrens’ toothbrushes and toothpaste and floss). Donations are being collected in a bin outside the school office until Thursday, March 9.
- Equipment Rentals – Need a popcorn maker, a button maker or a cotton candy machine for your upcoming family or neighbourhood event? Consider renting ours for $50 plus a $50 refundable damage deposit. We’ve also got tents/shelters and tables ($10 per tent/set of tables for the weekend). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.