Everyone is welcome to join the Earl Haig School Council and our monthly meetings. Meetings are once a month on alternating between Tuesday & Wednesday from 7pm – 8:30pm. Child care is provided.
2017/18 Executive and Members At Large are excited for what the year will bring, and we hope to have your ongoing support as well!
- Andrea Szego
- Barb Bower
- Hilary Gray
- JoAnne Gould
- Nicole Lamb
- Stephanie Little
- Andrew Simpson
- Karen Simpson
- Michelle Loney
- Tamara Bassilios
- Shannon Butcher
- Allison Howell Quinton
- Sarah Farrell
- Stephanie Cerutti
- Carmina Scott
- Jen Barnes
- Lori Zuppinger
- Nupur Deonarine
- Paul Cairns
- Stephanie Chan
- Rayna Shienfield
Key Positions Defined:
- Chair or Co-Chairs – Provide leadership and guidance to the Executive Committee and liaise with the Principal and Vice Principal on School Council related school matters. Responsibilities also include overseeing School Council initiatives and providing guidance and support to sub-committees, chairing School Council meetings (minimum of four per year) including leading the development of meeting agendas, and representing School Council at various external TDSB
- Past-Chair: Is the position held by the previous chair in order to facilitate a smooth transition and continuity within the Council.
- Treasurer – The Treasurer is responsible for maintaining the School Council financial records including issuing cheques, making bank deposits, preparing financial statements (including annual statement to TDSB) and bank account reconciliation. The Treasurer is a signatory on the bank account. The Treasurer also provides administrative support to School Council fundraising endeavours. Key candidate requirements include comfort with and basic understanding of bookkeeping and accounting principles.
- Secretary – The Secretary attends and takes minutes at each School Council meeting. The Secretary prepares these minutes for draft review before each subsequent meeting, and works with the Communications Coordinator to ensure their publication in approved form on the School Council Blog/Facebook/website.
- Communications Team – Manages website, e-blasts, social media and School Council email address.
- Members-at-Large – Participates in Council work as needed, occasionally spearheading specific projects as determined by Council. The voice and vote of the parent community on motions presented at council.
- Ward 16 Council Representative – Attends Ward 16 Trustee meetings and reports on learnings at School Council meetings.
Don’t have time for an Executive role, but want to volunteer? In addition to these Executive Council roles, we are always in need of dedicated parent volunteers who can provide support in a variety of ways, including volunteers for the school’s snack/lunch program, bake sale volunteers, and much more! View those opportunities here!
For more information about school councils and the valuable role they play in the school community, please visit Guide to School Councils. For more information about school councils in the TDSB, visit the TDSB’s School Councils page.