Hello Earl Haig Families! Here’s a roundup of happenings at our school this month…. Lots to read about!
- The Earl Haig Toothbrush and Toothpaste drive was a great success collecting 261 containers of floss, 98 tubes of toothpaste and 131 toothbrushes for the families of the Red Door Family Shelter! A big thanks to Gabriel Harlow for his idea, Mom Natalia for making it happen, and to everyone who donated – an especially big thanks to Dr. Kathleen Schenk, Coxwell Dental Health Centre, Altima Dental, and Dr. Mark Alexis.
- The Marlies Game & Family skate was fun for all! What a night! The hockey was top-level, the organization kept the fun rolling for the fans, the Earl Haig families saw ourselves on the jumbotron, and the thrill of skating on the Marlies ice afterward lit the smiles of everyone who stayed to do so
Thank you to Tara Viirland, who organized the event, and to everyone who came out, from the tiniest baby to the oldest grandparent. We raised almost $700 for classroom enrichment and had a rocking good time while we did.
- Parent Council Meeting – Wed April 19th @ 7pm. Direct questions to Principal McLachlan in advance of the meeting using this form.
- Diabetes Canada Clothing Drive – April 18th-21st. Bring your used clothing to the drop-off bin located at the school.
- Spring Concert – Thurs April 27th @ 6:30pm. Classes that didn’t perform in the December holiday concert will participate in this show.
- Spring Festival Jars – The Spring Festival is taking place on May 25th this year and we need your help getting ready for the most popular event of the day – fun filled jars. Here’s a primer from last years festival. Get prepared by saving your jars (and good ideas) – we’ll be putting out the call for drop-offs at the school office closer to the event date.
Be in the know! – Visit this page on our blog for instructions on how to keep onto of Earl Haig parent council and other school-wide events by subscribing to our nifty Google calendar.
ONGOING FUNDRAISERS AND OTHER NEWS
- FundScrip Gift Card Platform – FundScrip offers gift cards available for sale at face value and a portion of the proceeds is passed along to our school council. You order online and the gift cards are shipped to your home. Read more about it here.
- Tree Sale Survey – Our yearly pumpkin patch is both a wonderful fundraiser and community event for our school where families can purchase a pumpkin for Halloween while enjoying freshly baked goods donated by our parent community.We think a similar event for Holiday Trees would be a lot of fun too! Give us your input by taking this short survey…
- Equipment Rentals – Need a popcorn maker, a button maker or a cotton candy machine for your upcoming family or neighbourhood event? Consider renting ours for $50 plus a $50 refundable damage deposit. We’ve also got tents/shelters and tables ($10 per tent/set of tables for the weekend). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.