Tomorrow is the big day and our organizing team has been hard at work to make sure this year’s festival is tons of fun for everyone. Check out these highlights:
- We have 500+(!!) filled jars for your kids to bid on at our ever-popular Win a Jar station.
- There are 31 baskets filled with thousands of dollars worth of products for our Gift Basket Raffle! Baskets range from family game night to luxury skin care to mega Nurf blaster to the essential spice collection. *You’ll find this station in the Gym tomorrow – be sure not to miss it!
- 20 Earl Haig classes created beautiful art pieces that will be auctioned off in our first-ever Silent Art Auction. *The masterpieces will be available for bidding on in the gym.
- Back by popular demand, our Arts & Crafts station will be led by local fave Fresh Paint Studio + Cafe, and they always bring the fun!
- Come for the fun and stay for the food! Enjoy all-beef, halal chicken and veggie hot dogs, Stock in Trade’s delicious pulled chicken sandwiches, halal chicken biryani, veggie samosas, fresh fruit, jumbo freezies and an assortment of refreshing drinks at the Festival. Not to mention our Bake Sale and Cake Walk goodies! YUM!
- Amazing volunteer-made props for our Superhero Photo Booth!
- And so much more. Honestly, SO much more!
See you tomorrow!
Yard sale for Play EH!
Are you participating in the Danforth East yard sale this Saturday, June 8th? Please consider donating a portion of your sales to the PlayEH initiative. We are sooo close! $19K more before the end of the school year and we are on the build list for 2020!!! Download and display these fabulous posters and maybe your neighbour will pay just a little bit more for that old lamp of yours.
June 6th walk-in
One more way you can support Earl Haig this week! Please join parents, staff and students (bring your kids!) at 8:15 am tomorrow morning in front of Earl Haig for a community walk-in. Rally together with our community. We’ll walk the Earl Haig neighbourhood, then cheer on our teachers as they enter the school at 8:40. Bring posters supporting smaller class size, fully-funded public education, and bring noise makers, too!
Last SAC meeting of the year
Please join us Tuesday, June 11th from 7pm to 8:30pm in the school Music Room (basement) for our LAST School Advisory Council meeting of the school year!
At the meeting, you’ll hear about events, get the latest scoop on our Play EH fundraising, learn about volunteer opportunities for next year, hear updates from Principal Root, and you’re encouraged to share any ideas or suggestions you may have. You don’t need to be on the council to attend – everyone is welcome (especially parents of Earl Haig students-to-be!) and childcare will be available.
See you there!